Mark A Wales Professional Corporation Chartered Professional Accountants is a rapidly growing, innovative accounting firm offering a wide variety of services assisting a broad range of clients in the St. Thomas, London and Simcoe, Ontario.
Our firm, located in the heart of St. Thomas is seeking an experienced professional to join the team. We are looking for a self-motivated, positive team player who enjoys tackling new challenges and is excited about gaining experience in a range of projects. The successful applicant will be an integral player in the preparation and delivery of assurance and tax services to our clients.
Please include your resume in PDF along with a cover letter and critical contact information.
CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Staff Accountant - Full time:
The key responsibilities will include:
- preparation of financial statements
- personal and corporate tax returns
- moderate client bookkeeping
- and the provision of business advisory services
The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
- A degree in accounting or a certificate in bookkeeping, a candidate working towards their designation will also be considered.
- Have at least 3 years' experience in a Public Accounting Firm.
- A solid understanding of bookkeeping and knowledge of Canadian GAAP.
- A good understanding of advanced accounting and management principles.
- A working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), Simply Accounting, QuickBooks, CaseWare and Tax Prep.
- The ability to maintain strong client relations.
- Dedication, strong work ethic and have a commitment to professional development.
- The ability to meet deadlines and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Require minimal supervision with strong analytical decision-making skills.